- Japan Industrial Oven and Furnace Builders Association and Japan Electrical Furnace Manufacturers Association were combined to form the Japan Industrial Furnace Manufacturers Association.
The Association's magazine, Industrial Heating, was first published.
- The industry group visited the European steel industry.
- The industry group visits the South Pacific region, and distributes the English language general catalogue and directory.
- Industrial Furnace Guidebook published.
- The industry group visited Europe.
The Industrial Furnace Manufacturers Welfare Pension Fund was established.
- Investigative research was commenced on combustion technology.
- A promotional material was developed for low-fuel-consumption industrial furnaces.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in energy-efficient industrial furnaces.
Industrial Furnace Guidebook was published.
- Investigative research was commenced on energy conversion for industrial furnaces.
Investigative research was commenced for the promotion of furnace safety commenced.
- Industrial Furnace Energy Conservation Directory was published.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote energy-saving measures.
- Industrial Furnace Technology Research Institute was established as a technical research association for the purposes of research and development of highly-efficient, thermal insulated industrial furnaces.
- Information exchanged with a Chinese industry group.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in improved efficiency of energy use.
- Industrial Furnace Glossary was published.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in equipment for improving the infrastructure for energy use.
- Japan Industrial Furnace Association was established as a corporate entity with the approval of Minister of International Trade and Industry.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment by improving economic and social infrastructure for energy use.
Stage I of investigative research was commenced on systematic development of a new industrial furnace.
- Stage II of investigative research was commenced on systematic development of a new industrial furnace.
Industry Vision for the Industrial Furnace of the 1990s, and English-version Directory were published.
Combustion Safety Guide Based on Accidental Case Studies was published.
- A video titled Industrial Furnaces for the Future was produced.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in responses to the changing energy environment.
Friendship exchange agreements were signed with South Korean and Chinese industrial furnace organizations.
- Investigative research was commenced on measures to prevent radio wave interference.
Industrial Furnace Related Legislation Guide published.
Training sessions were established for new employees.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment for reforming to the energy supply & demand structure.
Investigative research was commenced on operational safety for vacuum furnaces.
Basics of Industrial Furnaces was published.
- THERMOTEC '93, the 1st international exhibition on industrial furnace, equipment, and material was held.
High-performance industrial furnace development center was established to commence the research and development. Activities were continued until March 1999.
- Japanese-Chinese-English Engineering Glossary, and Industrial Furnace SI Manual were published.
Catalogues were distributed at Thermoprocess 94 in Dusseldorf.
Training sessions were established for mid-level technicians.
- A product liability group insurance system was established in response to implementation of Product Liability Act.
Guideline for Display of Warnings was published.
- A ceremony, lecture session, and reception were held to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Association.
Proposals were prepared for revisions to JＩS B8407 - Methods of Testing Oil Burner Performance.
- THERMOTEC '97 - the 2nd international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- Field testing project was commenced on the high-performance industrial furnace.
- Manual of Furnace Construction Techniques (Basic Edition) was prepared.
Nikkei Grand Prize for Global Environmental Technology was awarded to the Association for development and commercialization of the high-performance industrial furnace.
- THERMOTEC 2001- the 3nd international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- THERMOTEC 2005- the 4th international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- Established ISO TC 244, Industrial furnaces and associated thermal processing equipment.
Revised JIS B 8415 , General safety code for industrial combustion furnaces.
- THERMOTEC 2009- the 5th international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- The first general meeting of ISO/TC244 was held (TC chairman and international secretary were from the Industrial Furnace Association).
- Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award for Industrial Standardization Project (Organization)
- JIS B 8407 forced draft type burner published.
- Became a general incorporated association.
- Hosted the 4th Plenary Meeting of ISO/TC244 in Kyoto, Japan
- Published revised edition of Basic knowledge of industrial furnaces
- JIS B 8420 Safety rules for resistance heating furnaces published
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Thermotech 2017 held
- ISO/TC244 Efficiency evaluation of industrial furnaces published
- Establishment of Japan Industrial Furnace Association's guidelines for work style reform
- Thermal Technology 2019 held
- Revised JIS B 8415 Safety General Rules for Industrial Combustion Furnaces issued