Introduction to Japan Industrial Furnace Manufacturers Association
3-2-10 Iwamoto-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0032, Japan
TEL. 03-3861-0561 FAX. 03-3861-7445
URL : http://www.jifma.or.jp/
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the Japan Industrial Furnace Manufactures Association (JIFMA) is to promote the progress and development of the industrial furnace industry, and thereby contribute to the development of the Japanese economy, by conducting surveys and research on industrial furnaces, promoting environmental protection, safety and effective use of energy, and disseminating and raising awareness.
The business of the Association is as follows
Surveys and research on the industrial furnace industry
Survey and research on user needs related to heat technology and external seeds of energy-saving technology related to carbon neutrality
Promotion of environmental conservation, safety, and effective use of energy in the industrial furnace industry
Consideration of measures to prevent global warming through energy conservation and carbon neutral initiatives.
Dissemination and enlightenment on industrial furnaces
Promote energy conservation by promoting high-performance industrial furnaces and high-efficiency (low-oxygen) industrial furnaces.
Dissemination of technical information through the journal "Industrial Heating" and the books published by the association
Organizing the International Industrial Furnace and Related Equipment Exhibition and Symposium "Thermal Technology".
JIFMA has revised its website and created a PR video to introduce the activities of the industrial furnace industry.
Development and dissemination of standards and specifications for industrial furnaces
Promotion of standardization projects for industrial furnaces (including international standardization projects)
Organizing research, lectures, seminars, etc. for the industrial furnace industry
Organizing educational events by offering specialized courses on basic industrial furnaces for young employees
Providing useful information by planning and conducting lectures and seminars timely.
Providing intermediate courses on the technical details of industrial furnaces for mid-career engineers from 2022
Collection and provision of statistical materials and other materials related to industrial furnaces
Conducting monthly sales surveys, annual sales performance surveys, and annual statistical surveys
Research and development on industrial furnaces
Consideration of various measures for carbon neutral initiatives
Exchange and cooperation with domestic and foreign organizations related to industrial furnaces
Exchange and cooperation with user industries and related organizations
Exchange and cooperation with organizations related to industrial furnaces in the U.S. (IHEA), Europe (CECOF) and China
Full membership: for business operators that are engaged in manufacturing industrial furnaces
Supporting membership: for business operators or organizations that are not manufacturing industrial furnaces and support the mission of the association.
Organizations involved in the manufacture of industrial furnaces are full members of the association,
112 regular members and 68 supporting members as of the end of November 2021
- Japan Industrial Oven and Furnace Builders Association and Japan Electrical Furnace Manufacturers Association were combined to form the Japan Industrial Furnace Manufacturers Association.
The Association's magazine, Industrial Heating, was first published.
- The industry group visited the European steel industry.
- The industry group visits the South Pacific region, and distributes the English language general catalogue and directory.
- Industrial Furnace Guidebook published.
- The industry group visited Europe.
The Industrial Furnace Manufacturers Welfare Pension Fund was established.
- Investigative research was commenced on combustion technology.
- A promotional material was developed for low-fuel-consumption industrial furnaces.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in energy-efficient industrial furnaces.
Industrial Furnace Guidebook was published.
- Investigative research was commenced on energy conversion for industrial furnaces.
Investigative research was commenced for the promotion of furnace safety commenced.
- Industrial Furnace Energy Conservation Directory was published.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote energy-saving measures.
- Industrial Furnace Technology Research Institute was established as a technical research association for the purposes of research and development of highly-efficient, thermal insulated industrial furnaces.
- Information exchanged with a Chinese industry group.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in improved efficiency of energy use.
- Industrial Furnace Glossary was published.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in equipment for improving the infrastructure for energy use.
- Japan Industrial Furnace Association was established as a corporate entity with the approval of Minister of International Trade and Industry.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment by improving economic and social infrastructure for energy use.
Stage I of investigative research was commenced on systematic development of a new industrial furnace.
- Stage II of investigative research was commenced on systematic development of a new industrial furnace.
Industry Vision for the Industrial Furnace of the 1990s, and English-version Directory were published.
Combustion Safety Guide Based on Accidental Case Studies was published.
- A video titled Industrial Furnaces for the Future was produced.
Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment in responses to the changing energy environment.
Friendship exchange agreements were signed with South Korean and Chinese industrial furnace organizations.
- Investigative research was commenced on measures to prevent radio wave interference.
Industrial Furnace Related Legislation Guide published.
Training sessions were established for new employees.
- Cooperation was extended in establishing a tax system to promote investment for reforming to the energy supply & demand structure.
Investigative research was commenced on operational safety for vacuum furnaces.
Basics of Industrial Furnaces was published.
- THERMOTEC '93, the 1st international exhibition on industrial furnace, equipment, and material was held.
High-performance industrial furnace development center was established to commence the research and development. Activities were continued until March 1999.
- Japanese-Chinese-English Engineering Glossary, and Industrial Furnace SI Manual were published.
Catalogues were distributed at Thermoprocess 94 in Dusseldorf.
Training sessions were established for mid-level technicians.
- A product liability group insurance system was established in response to implementation of Product Liability Act.
Guideline for Display of Warnings was published.
- A ceremony, lecture session, and reception were held to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Association.
Proposals were prepared for revisions to JＩS B8407 - Methods of Testing Oil Burner Performance.
- THERMOTEC '97 - the 2nd international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- Field testing project was commenced on the high-performance industrial furnace.
- Manual of Furnace Construction Techniques (Basic Edition) was prepared.
Nikkei Grand Prize for Global Environmental Technology was awarded to the Association for development and commercialization of the high-performance industrial furnace.
- THERMOTEC 2001- the 3nd international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- THERMOTEC 2005- the 4th international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- Established ISO TC 244, Industrial furnaces and associated thermal processing equipment.
Revised JIS B 8415 , General safety code for industrial combustion furnaces.
- THERMOTEC 2009- the 5th international industrial furnace and peripheral equipment exhibition was held.
- The first general meeting of ISO/TC244 was held (TC chairman and international secretary were from the Industrial Furnace Association).
- Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Award for Industrial Standardization Project (Organization)
- JIS B 8407 forced draft type burner published.
- Became a general incorporated association.
- Hosted the 4th Plenary Meeting of ISO/TC244 in Kyoto, Japan
- Published revised edition of Basic knowledge of industrial furnaces
- JIS B 8420 Safety rules for resistance heating furnaces published
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Thermotech 2017 held
- ISO/TC244 Efficiency evaluation of industrial furnaces published
- Establishment of Japan Industrial Furnace Association's guidelines for work style reform
- Thermal Technology 2019 held
- Revised JIS B 8415 Safety General Rules for Industrial Combustion Furnaces issued